[thelist] onMouseOver to trigger flash movie

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Jun 28 16:21:15 CDT 2001

>pollack.eddystone.com/wip/xymovieframe.htm

I see exactly what you want to do, but frankly ... well I guess
you've not done FSCommands before.

My advice, if you want it, would be to just put your foot down and
tell the client in the nicest way possible that the fact they know
what frames are doesn't impress you, remind them who the web designer
is and tell them that the web designer says using frames is asinine.

Or, you could get your movie working by ...

- In your publish settings, choose the Flash with FS Command
- In the html that's generated, create two fscommands, one to set
your xpos variable and one to set your ypos variable.
- in your onmouseovers in the other frame call a script on that same
page that first checks for the existence of the xymovie (you will
have to do it differently depending on whether it's IE or not)
- ... I dunno ...  there's other things as well ... I don't think I'm
doing you a service here I guess ... all this stuff is in the
documentation available in various places on the web ....

I'd be happy to do this for you ... it's not that much of a task (and
you could certainly figure it out) ... it's much harder to explain
what to do than actually do it.
--

- Erik Mattheis

Weaning self off M$.