[thelist] Certification...[OT] mess#13 [sandy

Kevin krr at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 29 13:30:19 CDT 2001

>Message: 13
>From: <sales at iibiz.com>
>To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
>Subject: Re: [thelist] Certification...[OT]
>Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:16:03 -0500
>charset="iso-8859-1"

>But bottom line, having taken the courses myself, would I accept that
>someone is a great web designer/developer based strictly on if they have a
>CIW Certification?  Nope.

>Sandy

If you were trainning yourself to become a developer today; Your saying that
you
wouldn't give any credibility to these certifications?

The reason I ask, Is that I am in the process of trainning myself. Most of
my training
comes from books, newsgroups, forums, websearches with just a few college
courses
so far. IE: " self-trainned "

So what would you tell someone from this approach?

Kevin