[thelist] Macromedia "Best Practice" questiion

Carroll McDonald frodo_tx at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 08:31:14 CDT 2001

Hi,

I've just acquired the Macromedia Web Developer's
studio and I'm going to rebuild several sites
incorporating Flash/Freehand.  The concept I have for
one site involves an intro page that would transition
(fade) between three images, each one "painting" a
more detailed orbital view of the geographic area
where the sites' owner is located.

I've been learning the product, and cruising the
tutorials, and there seem to be several ways of doing
this (what else is new).  I'm leaning toward nesting
movie clips rather than using scenes to accomplish the
transition.

Has anyone gone down this trail before me?  What are
your thoughts/suggestions?

TIA

Chuck Sumpter