[thelist] xmliseasy.com review

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Wed Jul 4 04:36:17 CDT 2001

Hi,
It's a nicely laid out bit of work, with one small problem I find:
Who's the audience?
It feels like your trying to convince project managers, or small busyness
owners that XML is what they need, yet I find the examples are aimed at the
beginning webdeveloper.
I would expect more flow-chart-type diagrams, and maybe some graphs with
statistics, to convince managers that this technology will be of benefit to
them.
If it's meant as a 101 tutorial for webdevelopers, I regard the diagrams as
too childish, and the overall content not detailed enough I'd expect an
example that makes a simple project to test the theory.

I think your two target audiences don't mix so well.

Aside from that, the page is nicely done and works well in
IE5.5/Mozilla/NS4.

Richard.

PS, want an example of XML making a page worse than it was without it?

MS have fallen into their own trap.:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/ref
erence/properties.asp

it takes about 10 seconds for a page to become responsive.
Between each link you click there's at least 10 seconds wait, aside from
looking better before the re-design, it's become a drag to use now.
If this is what XML is all about...