[thelist] RE: Site Crit / Online Magazines

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 08:13:13 CDT 2001

> From: "Shaun M. Anderson" <ShaunAnderson at smarttech.com>

> I'd like to know if anybody has some time to look at the site...

Look at it? Honey, I can't *see* it.  You have absolutely no content on the
home page for people surfing with graphics turned off.  Navigation is
irrelevent if entry is impossible.  Plus, you are *killing* your search
engine rankings.  SE's don't read graphics, they read text.  They index your
site based on text, and they spider your site based on text links.

I can, uh, read your legal disclaimer. That's it.

Can we get some footer text link navigation, please?

Cheers,
Bri

<tip>Don't forget to make your sites accessible to the widest possible
audience. This includes folks surfing with graphics off, JavaScript off, and
those nice SE spiders.  Mmmm, text links... munch, munch.</tip>