[thelist] SmartTags (was Re: IE 6pr2 and Suddenly Centered Content?)

John Eckman eckman at liquidsquid.com
Wed Jul 4 11:41:53 CDT 2001

At 09:01 AM 7/4/01, "John Handelaar" <genghis at members.evolt.org> wrote:

>You don't have any smart tag data installed.  It's downloadable
>from the IE6 preview site on the Smart Tags page.

1. I don't even have any options related to smart tags in my Internet
Options -> Advanced. I have IE 6.0.2479.0006IC (according to Help -> About
Internet Explorer) running under Windows NT 4. What are the smart tag
related options called? What do they actually say?

2. I downloaded the "MSN Smart Tags for the Everyday Web" but when I run
that installer it gives me an error trying to register the .dll

I realize that M$oft has decided not to include smart tags in IE 6, but I'd
like to see how they operate anyway- can someone send me a screenshot?

John Eckman                     "It'd be a hell of a lot cheaper
www.liquidsquid.com             to just suck on a penny"