[thelist] Site critique madness!

Peter Van Dijck peter at vardus.com
Wed Jul 4 11:50:54 CDT 2001

With all the site reviews lately, here's another one:
http://cms-watch.com/

This is a very beta site, I'll probably have it working nicely in a week or
so (server setup stuff mostly - the backend's done), but any feedback is
welcome. I will start adding content soon, I expect it to go live in about
two months (it's non-profit so not much time to spend on it). If people
want to help out (I could give access to the browser based admin area,
which is pretty funky), feel free to volunteer :)

Target audience is people into CM and people trying to select one (yes, so
it's really 2 audiences... Audiences will get refined as the site goes tru
its first months and feedback comes in). Best feature should be the CMS
comparison list and the articles. I'm going to try (no promises) to get
some *real* case studies (anonymous if nesecary), so if you feel tempted to
share your experience with content management systems, send me an email,
I'll interview you. It will be very much clear of vendor buzzwords and
smoke screen (that's the plan anyway :)

So any comments welcome: content, organisation, usability, market,
technical stuff, ...
Peter