[thelist] Online Privacy Regulations

Daniel S. O'Shea doshea at surfree.com
Wed Jul 4 12:47:04 CDT 2001

> "If you reside in the European Union(EU) or if any transfer of
> information between you and our Service is governed by the European
> Union Data Protection Directive or national laws implementing that
> Directive, then you consent

> Could anyone point me to something that explains this, or explain it
> themselves... Perhaps what it's doing there, and how it affects...

Now? Who knows, being the internet, it's just a yes or no question and if
one resides in another country, how can they really enforce it, right now,
they can't agree on many issues.

If however, you want the end of the end, it's all in the back of the
book...10 nations, 666, etc. Won't be surprised if Microsoft and Oil get in
the middle of it all before its over.

Dan O.