[thelist] SmartTags (was Re: IE 6pr2 and Suddenly Centered Content?)

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Jul 4 15:45:29 CDT 2001

>1. I don't even have any options related to smart tags in my Internet
>Options -> Advanced. I have IE 6.0.2479.0006IC (according to Help -> About
>Internet Explorer) running under Windows NT 4. What are the smart tag
>related options called? What do they actually say?

Did you specifically customize your IE 6pr2 installation to install the
"Smart Tags"? By default, they're not installed, you've got to a custom
install, and you'll see them down at the very button of the component
list...

>2. I downloaded the "MSN Smart Tags for the Everyday Web" but when I run
>that installer it gives me an error trying to register the .dll

This will disappear when you have then installed (as this was the error
message I continually received under IE 6pr1 on Windows 98)...

--
      ICQ: 2927491      /      AOL: akaMorbus
   Yahoo: morbus_iff    /  Jabber: morbus at jabber.org
   morbus at disobey.com   /   http://www.disobey.com/