[thelist] Effect of downtime and refreshed content on visitor numbers

Sølve Horrigmoe solveho at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Jul 5 06:30:14 CDT 2001

Try these sources:

What drives repeat visitors to your website?
http://www.system-concepts.com/articles/forrester.html

E-Business Essentials
http://www.clipwebzine.com/article.cfm?storyid=163

Forrester Research
http://www.forrester.com/

Internet Surveys and Statistics (out of date , but still an ok starting point)
http://www.teleport.com/~tbchad/stats1.html

Hope you find something useful. Good luck.

- Sølve Horrigmoe

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:
<snip>

> But what I need is some benchmark, ballpark numbers to put in the business
> case to say "Industry experience suggests that fixing the technical issues
> and refreshing your content regularly will add roughly x% to your repeat
> visitors"
>
> And I need to do it by end of today.
>
> Does anyone have figures/pointers to figures on hand to back this up?
>
> Cheers
> Martin

</snip>