[thelist] Site Root & Document Root

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Jul 5 15:46:24 CDT 2001

I may be misunderstanding entirely, but the three main ways we can refer to
addresses are:

--  a fully-qualified absolute address ("http://www.yadda...")

--  an address relative to the root of the site on the server

--  an address relative to the document requesting the file

That last one, the document-relative address, can change with each document
that requests dependent files, so I'm not sure what a "document root" would
be. I'm probably just not understanding what's being sought, though, sorry.

jd