[thelist] Size doesn't matter?

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Sun Jul 8 17:19:36 CDT 2001

>But I think most of the really, really big sites have their inhouse
>teams.

I guess that was my point - do we have anybody on thelist on those in-house
teams?  I don't contract - They pay my salary.

>There's a lot of "lobbing the screen mockup out of PS over
>the wall", or the creative people dump HTML from DW/GoLive (if
>you're lucky) or FW/Photoshop (if you're not) and it never gets
>looked at by the people bringing it into JSP/Vignette etc.

They lob Photoshop.  sigh.

>And where an hour's delay of the launch costs on average $8,000,
>you're not going to win friends with an insistance on holding it up
>to do usability/IA work unless you're *really* strong on the
>net business benefit.

Yeah.  I don't win many friends blabbering about usability testing, even
though it is the Right Thing.  See my rant on theChat.

as an aside,  I would get personally assaulted if we did 10M a week, let
alone 10M a year.  But are the big boys listening to anybody but our forlorn
voices in the shadows?

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com