[thelist] Problem with table cell in NS

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Jul 9 11:00:24 CDT 2001

>The problem shows in NS 4.77.
>I don't know what is wrong anymore......
>I know it does align properly in IE and Mozilla.
> http://delta.humberc.on.ca/summer2001/Tarzwells/newportfolio/contact.html

hi faye

you're gonna kick yourself when you see what it was   ;o)

took me a while to find it, because i was looking for a problem with
rowspans and colspans (those fireworks slices are brutal, just brutal) or a
problem with bad code (you can't have valign on an image tag, for
example) -- but in the end it was something completely different

the resume/portfolio/contact images, as well as the little house in the
corner where you first noticed the gap of white space, are all links, and
as such, they are governed by your style sheet declaration for the A tag

  a  {
   font-size: 11px;
   font-style: normal;
   line-height: normal;
   font-weight: bold;
   text-decoration: none;
   word-spacing: normal;
   padding-top: 3px;
   color: #333333
     }

see that padding there?  that's your problem   ;o)

rudy