[thelist] Linux vs. FreeBSD

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Jul 9 11:01:10 CDT 2001

Tony -

Not sure how much experience you have with either Linux or FreeBSD, but
if you're just starting out, I'd recommend Linux.

FreeBSD is an excellent OS once you've got the particulars of unix
administration down. Jumping into FreeBSD without any previous unix
experience may be a bit steep. Linux has more applications for it while
FreeBSD is more flexable and robust.. either one will run apache and
mod_perl or any other web software the same for you.

Shout if you have more questions :)

.djc.