[thelist] Installing PHP??

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Mon Jul 9 11:03:50 CDT 2001

Hmmm - I probably can't help that much more I'm afraid. It certainly seems
that PHP isn't installed. You could try installing the rpms from your RedHat
disk - if nothing else you can always go back and uninstall with RPMs.

However I do think your best bet is going to be to have a hunt around on the
web for an installer script that does Apache and PHP (and MySQL if you need
it) all at once. It'll be extra work, but it should be worth it for a)
learning about the installation, b) configuring everything to work the way
you want it and c) knowing how to change the installation when you need to
in the future.

However I've not done this myself for some time so I can't really help with
specifics I'm afraid.

Good luck! Remember - the exciting thing about Linux is the *adventure* of
it all! (repeat under your breath as needed).

.steve

<SNIP>