[thelist] What to ask a client when developing a web page...

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Mon Jul 9 12:00:59 CDT 2001

I would second this. However, I would also add a few points to it.
- Who is the demographic target for the site? (small businesses,
corporations, mid-western house wives, etc...)
- Are they looking for a web designer or a web developer? (This you will
have to deduce)
- How much are they looking to spend on the site (this question is a
little tricky to ask, although for a site like this I usually ask it I
just don't reply to it. It gives you an idea of what they think the site
should be worth. I have had clients say a couple of hundred dollars for
a fully designed brochure ware site to a couple of thousand.)

Depending on the situation and the client maybe take some time to
educate the client about the web and websites in general so that you
know that they know what they are getting themselves into and also
through the process you can get a feel for the clients knowledge level
regarding the web.

/chris

Web Developer
www.fuzzylizard.com/chris