[thelist] Problem with table cell in NS

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Jul 9 14:02:45 CDT 2001

> Can I tell you I love you on the list??????

sure!!   but you really should add a tip

> THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't mention it

i always try harder on questions posted by canadians, especially fellow
torontonians

<tip type="all your BASE">

for site critiques and help with problems, people usually post a URL on a
discussion list, rather than include code snippets in their email, so that
you can then easily view the page in your browser of choice, rather than
attempt to reproduce the problem by building a page around code that
you've cut&pasted from their email...

to test changes to a page on the web, simply do a File | Save As onto your
hard drive, make the changes you want, save, and then open the file in your
browser (drag&drop is the quickest)

chances are, though, that the web page won't always "work" because
of images etc. that are supposed to be in directories that you don't got
(neither the images nor the directories)

so here's the tip -- add a BASE tag to the HEAD

if you have visited and saved  http://www.example.com/foo/bar/fap.html
then simply add

  <base href="http://www.example.com/foo/bar/" />

and all relative references will be properly resolved -- images will appear
and links will work, so in effect you can bounce around their web site
and the only difference is the html of that one page that's coming from
your hard drive...

</tip>

rudy