[thelist] Suggestions on scrollable window

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 9 17:29:49 CDT 2001

> From: "Brad Miller" <brad at beldamar.com>
>
> I am working on a site that is going to have a scheduling system. And
> this scheduling system needs to fit within my design. I can't really
> change the design because this is what the client wants. Anyway, I
> have made my design fit 640x480. And the schedule is much much longer
> than 640 so I need to be able to scroll horizontally without losing
> all of my buttons when you scroll to the right.

without using frames (which can be a barrier to accessibility) or
DHTML-driven layers (which can be a barrier to a lot of users), i
would consider a few other options:

- the site design could easily accommodate a liquid
layout... this means you could have your pages
collapse down to the 640 width, but scale up to
fit content or the window...

- if your form doesn't fit into the allotted
space, redesign your form... consider
linearizing it more...

let your client make the decision for you, but
make sure you offer all the pros and cons...
otherwise you'll end up over budget (if it's a
fixed fee) or charging the client without it
being their problem for your research and
development into addressing it...

[...]
> http://www.scheduleaplane.com/layertest.html
> If you look at this in IE you will see what it should look like.

the content frame is showing nothing but a busted image... i can't
see any forms, so i can't really comment too much more...