[thelist] Putting keyword meta tags in Include file

James S. Huggins (dot com) JHuggins at JamesSHuggins.com
Tue Jul 10 02:27:44 CDT 2001

   >>>It's been a while since I've used FrontPage,
   >>>but I'm pretty sure the includes are done server-side -
   >>>they rely on the FrontPage server extensions to work.

The FrontPage Include Component function is neither client-side (browse
time) nor server side (browse time). Rather it is an author-time include.
Assuming you are developing on a PC and uploading to the server, it is done
on the authoring PC. If you are editing "live" on the server, it is done on
the server at edit/author time.

While, editing "live" on a server with FP requires FP Server Extensions, the
include function does not. If you edit off the server and upload, the
authoring environment will process the includes.

FP maintains an internal index of each included file and all the files in
which it is included. If you edit the included file, when that file is
"saved", FP ripples those changes into every file which has included the
file. This rippling occurs at author time.

FP also permit included files to, themselves, contain other included files.

James S. Huggins