[thelist] CFDirectory Filtering

Mike Roberto mjr at shriek.net
Tue Jul 10 13:37:28 CDT 2001

I'm doing some testing with the CFDirectory tag in Cold Fusion(I'm running
CF Server 5).  Without using the filter option, I'm able to list all files
in the specified directory.  No problems, no stragglers, all files are
displayed and listed.

If I chose a filter for example *.doc it will show only word files.
Currently the directory has several .doc's, .vsd's, and .xls's

If I choose *.vsd or *.xls nothing is returned.  Even stranger than that
when I filter on *.doc it only returns 12 of the 14 files that are word
documents.  Looking at the extensions of these files, they are .doc files.

Anyone have any idea if there are some inconsistencies with cfdirectory or
some quirky behavior I should be worried about?  Or am I missing something
dumb? =P

Here's the cfdirectory call I'm using:
I'm sending a variable called "type" through a form, this sends the
extension
of the file.

<cfdirectory action="list"
		 directory="#thedirectorypath#"