[thelist] CFDirectory Filtering - Fixed

Mike Roberto mjr at linkzero.com
Tue Jul 10 13:48:13 CDT 2001

Hello All,
	I'm a moron.  The minute i sent that last message I realized my
problem.  Because CFDirectory also returns the directory paths("." and "..")
with the resultset I programmed my output to only display from records 3
through the recordcount.
	Why would the first two .doc files not be showing... duh
	Why would the single .vsd file not show... duh
	Why would the single .xls file not show... duh

They're all within the first two records.

So here's my tip for being a dumbass...

<TIP type="Problem Solving">
It always helps to voice your problems out loud.  Whether you're alone or
have someone to talk to, talk through the problem, describe the
circumstances which are leading up to that problem, and voice the
characteristics of the error.

Sometimes just this alone will lead you to the answer, if not, you've
at least walked through the circumstances and characteristics which are
at the root of the problem, which is the first step in solving the problem.
</TIP>

Mike Roberto
shriek.net
e: mjr at shriek.net