[thelist] frames in different browsers-help!

Rachel Starr rachelistarr at home.com
Tue Jul 10 15:50:48 CDT 2001

I'm building a page using frames.  The design of the page requires that the
frames line up as precisely as possible.

Please go to:
http://www.pinkcandyproductions.com/frames/frameset6.html

Looks fine in IE on mac and pc.  The frames do not resize when the browser
window is resized.

In NN (4+) on the mac, it looks terrible. The middle row (coloured boxes)
moves to the left, and the top row (middle column) ignores it's noresize
attribute, slipping under the middle row when the browser window in resized.
The right side of the middle column is slightly cut off.

In NN4+ on PC, it looks slightly better,  the blue box is aligned with the
top and bottom, but the right side is still cut off.  Also, the top row
(middle column) gets squished when the browser window is resized.

Is this a futile process?  Should I code a different page for netscape?
Have I made a really stupid mistake?  Does anyone have a framelayout code or
know a site that works in both major browsers that has:
-centered  page in browser window
-3 rows
-middle row has 3 columns

Cheers,