[thelist] Flash Substitution & Detection

Aaron Cunnington acunnington at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Jul 10 19:08:21 CDT 2001

Another thing to watch out for is if the Flash player is installed but flash
files are blocked by the firewall. I worked for a company of 4,000
employee's where even though I had the flash plugin on my machine, all flash
files were blocked by the firewall, that equals 4000 viewers who could not
see any flash sites.

Is there a way to check if a flash file is actually working and if you get a
response from it then continue, if not, revert to html version? I am sure
where I worked was not the only place to block flash files, thats a lot of
people to exclude..

Just a thought..

Aaron