[thelist] Help with layers in NN 4.6

Keith cache at dowebs.com
Wed Jul 11 00:57:04 CDT 2001

> ALWAYS make sure to check with your client if it's okay to
> mistreat/ignore a certain percentage of possible paying customers.  I
> think the number they'd give you is.....ummmmm....zero!

Not necessarily Sandy.  In fact, I've never even had an e-commerce
client look at it that way. They are interested in maximizing sales,
period. That means CLOSING as many visitors as you can. And
that does not mean designing for all "possible paying customers",
it means designing for "closing sales".

If you really believe that politically correct design is in your client's
best interest, put your money where your mouth is, take a
percentage instead of charging for your work. Once you do you'll
discover there is a world of difference between designing for "all
possible paying customers" and designing for "closing sales", a
difference you can take to the bank.

keith