[thelist] Flash Substitution & Detection

Niklaus Haldimann runciter at rosa.com
Wed Jul 11 04:30:41 CDT 2001

Peter-Paul Koch wrote:
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?flash.html
> My script (URL above) isn't really small, but it isn't terribly huge either.

I think it's not huge at all, it's about the size I was looking for. I
have used some of your DHTML scripts before and know they're very well
thought out. So I'm gonna use your Flash detection scripts, too. ;-) One
drawback I noticed: The scripts need to be embedded. Using them external
throws off a JS error in Opera 5 when I try to use the flashinstalled
variable later on the page in a different emebbed script (obviously the
Opera scope of variables is limited). I can live with that though.

N.

--
Niklaus Haldimann, Frontend Engineer
At Work: http://www.rosa.com