[thelist] Old Browsers old Software, cut bait and move on.

Brian King BKing at Impact-Technologies.com
Wed Jul 11 09:00:22 CDT 2001

I am catering to the 'glitz' market, (Pepsi and such).  I enjoy very much
working with the 'glitz' technology.  I also cater to the broadband market
and enjoy very much working with the set of tools offered me there.  Are you
suggesting that I am working myself out of a market place.  I tend to think
it is the other way around, I am part of a rapidly growing market place.  A
nice place to be actually.  Maybe if those 'locked down' businesses see that
their IT dept is locking them out of being able to leverage certain
technologies, they will can some of those stupid geeks they have and get
some real geeks.  The PC and web world has evolved quickly only because of
people 'pushing' it.  It has not been 'pulled' along by business, but
'pushed' by people who want the technology and slowly adopted by business
because of that.  There have been a number of articles lately that
acknowledge that PC gaming has been the largest major segment of the PC
market that 'pushes' the technology.   Business has been and will probably
always be the slowest to adopt new technology, (generally only accept it
after they are pushed into it by their customers or competitors).  Even
behind the personal user.   I am sorry but I WANT to be on the leading edge,
not the lagging.  I want to work with the latest technology, not have to
code for the oldest.
Where do you want to be...

Brian W. King

>Anyway, I agree with aardvark that it's easy enough to code for all
browsers
>without having to use separate code. On our site we have perhaps 2 or 3
tiny
>workarounds, the rest works in pretty much any browser I've tested it with.

You're displaying text and a few jpgs/gifs.  I hope you didn't have to write
too many work-arounds