[thelist] alternate gif image in Flash

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Wed Jul 11 10:31:13 CDT 2001

> 1) To use the publish feature and have an alternate GIF available
> for those without a detectable flash player, you need to choose
> the flash, html, and GIF or JPG checkboxes (as you did) and then
> click on the html tab at the top of the publish settings and choose
> a "template" other than the default.

Aha!

> 2) I think the easiest method for grabbing a GIF or JPG of a
> specific frame is to go to that frame in Flash and then choose
> "file/export image", be sure to choose "Full Document Size" from
> the "Include" pulldown (this is a choice during export) so that

This is a good idea except I'm using movie clips in the area that I want to
show. I wonder if that's not giving me some grief here, too. (Good tip on
the "full document size.")

> Hope this helps,

Well, I just tried it out and it wrote the code but didn't get the image.
Sounds like my screenshot of the right part of the movie is the way to go.
Wish there was more documentation on this...

Thanks!

- amanda