[thelist] [ASP] Syntax help (easy)

Tyme nopun at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 11 16:54:10 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Warden, Matt <mwarden at odyssey-design.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] [ASP] Syntax help (easy)

> > Oy vay.  My brain is mush.  Having a bit of trouble with my ASPMail
> syntax.
> > Have tried it several ways, but for the life of me, can't seem to plug
in
> > the request.form variables to this format: mailObj.AddRecipient "Tyme",
> > "tyme at no-pun.com"
> >
> >    strRecipientName = Trim(Request("recipient_name"))
> >    strRecipientEmail = Trim(Request("recipient_email"))
> >    strRecipient = """ & strRecipientName & """ & ", " & """ &
> > strRecipientEmail & """
>
> mailObj.AddRecipient strRecipientName, strRecipientEmail

TYME} I could have sworn that I tried that first.  Funny, changed it as
above, and then got a different error: 'wrong number of parameters', but it
has now miraculously disappeared.  Thank you for removing my blinders.

> You're making it too hard.  ;-)

TYME} I always do.  ...But that's another story.  Doh!

TYME} I did say I...er, I mean "it" was easy.  Doh!

<tip>
When debugging code, keep track of the changes that you've made to resolve
the problem, in order to help you keep track of your debugging process.
</tip>