[thelist] security on the server

Peter Kaulback pkaulbak at idirect.ca
Wed Jul 11 21:31:46 CDT 2001

I have a client who wishes to have documents made available to their
clientele for download from their server.  These are confidential documents
to be opened only by their respective owners.  We had originally thought of
PDF's as the format with it's 128 bit security but now with the problems
associated with it cropping up we are seeking alternatives.  Simplicity is
the rule for the client and their clientele as they want to handle the
transfer to their server and would prefer a one or two step
operation.  Would multiple secure directories be the answer for all the
unique entities in their clientele, this implementation is new to me.  Any
ideas would be so graciously appreciated.
Peter Kaulback