[thelist] Old Browsers old Software, cut bait and move on.

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 12 01:40:31 CDT 2001

Mark Cheng wrote on 12/7/01 5:17 am

>>Depends on the benefit case. If you're working on a site with a tight
>>business case, losing 10% of your users without good reason could
>>be the difference between substantial profit or loss.
>>

>Any project which can't take variances of 10% of potential users shouldn't
>be doing it in the first place.  Particularly if losing 10% is going to give
>you a substantial loss.

No, that's not what I meant. Any project will already have variances
which you won't be able to control. Adding a 10% drop in the available
universe (via an explicit choice you've made) before those variances
kick in could well make the difference.

Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland