[thelist] Old Browsers old Software, cut bait and move on.

Mark Cheng mark.cheng at ranger.com.au
Thu Jul 12 03:15:54 CDT 2001

I see what you mean.  Of course, the problem with your above statement is
that you assume that use statistics apply to the consumers.  All your
consumers may be in the 80% (or the 20%) in which case it won't make any
difference.

It is clearly a client responsibility to identify where their consumers lie.
As a designer you have to point that out to them, but carefully.  Adding
users doesn't necessarily equal an increase in turnover, revenue, profit or
customers.

>>And, at the end of the day, 10% of customers
>>is 10% of customers.
>
>The context of this is that it's *another* 10% of customers on top
>of everything else.
>
>>  It doesn't matter whether you take them out of the
>>population or one of your other assumptions are wrong.
>
>Would you make one of your other assumptions wrong by choice? No.

assumption : take as being true for purpose of argument and action.  you
appear to have assumed that adding users adds customers. hmmm.  what do you
know that we don't?

This email may be confidential and contain commercially sensitive information.  Only the intended recipient may access or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and notify us promptly.
We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or similar in this email or any attachment.