[thelist] RE: Old Browsers old Software, cut bait and move on.

Eveline Vanhemel eveline_vanhemel at pi.be
Thu Jul 12 04:53:02 CDT 2001

OK, I tried to resist this discussion because it is so subjective and it all
comes down to the fact, what does the client want and how do THEY see their
potential customers.

I just want to add, one experience I had with customers that want a flashy
site. When my client wants all the hooters and bells, I always suggest they
better make it a double site. This is not only because there are people who
won't be able to see the Flash, DHTML, or whatsoever....

What about this: I have a lot of browsers installed on my PC so I never have
a problem with sites that are customized to a specific browser. But what I
really hate is this: the first time I enter a site with a lot of eye candy,
I admire the work of the designer and with pleasure I look at all the fancy
stuff. The next time I return to that site, I don't want to see it anymore
because the second time I am looking for information that I need.... I
really hate it then if there isn't a plain HTML version of the site
available... and this isn't my opinion only, the customers I was talking
about were very glad afterwards I persuaded them in a double website, I lot
of their customers have mentioned this same point I made to them also...

Just a thought....

Eveline
eveline_vanhemel at pi.be