[thelist] Which linux distribution?

Marcus J. Coles mar at asitis.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 06:14:44 CDT 2001

Hi,

Given the growing popularity of CobaltsRaQs I would suggest for testing
RedHat

If you make your laptop dual bootable you'll need to partition your hard
drive ie wipe/screw up your current win install!

A neat alternative solution is vmware ( http://www.vmware.com ) which allows
you to run various virtual machines and would allow you to try all the
different flavours.  Allthough it runs in a window all hardware is emulated
so you can fake a full internet server on the local machine for test
applications  without needing to be a linux guru ...

on the downside it has a memory tussle with and losses every time to the
might of photoshop ...not good ... but hey its still neat ... oh and you'd
need to upgrade to Win2K

HTH

Mar