[thelist] Which linux distribution?

Robin Hastings robin at rhastings.net
Thu Jul 12 09:27:23 CDT 2001

>--Quoth the Marcus J. Coles:
>> If you make your laptop dual bootable you'll need to partition your hard
>> drive ie wipe/screw up your current win install!
>
>actually, when i installed red hat dual-boot (dell p-3 desktop), i didn't
>have a problem with the windows side. . .
>
>--
>Jonathon Isaac Swiderski             "Where is the mob?  I have got to
>121 E College St                      follow them; I am their leader!"
>Oberlin OH 44074                     -Ledru-Rollin, leftist leader of the
>                                      French Revolution of 1848

I had the same experience with Mandrake 7.2 and Windows ME - put a new partition
on the drive and installed Linux on that without messing up WinME. Of course, I
had a full backup on CDs right next to the computer, you can never be too
careful, but it worked like a charm for me!

Robin Hastings
Public Computer Center Coordinator
hastingsr at mrrl.org
(573) 634-6064 x242