[thelist] security on the server

Keith cache at dowebs.com
Fri Jul 13 00:31:45 CDT 2001

 Anthony Baratta wrote

> It's not that hard to build an interface that accepts mutiple files
> during a single upload session. However if you are concerned about
> having to select each file individually - then you have a point with a
> large number of files at the same time.

My client was moving a hundred files a day average. So I designed
a 25 file at a time interface like you suggest above. Even so, they
replaced it with a method that took everything in 1 click. At a
minimum, file upload takes 2 clicks per file. That's a 200 to 1 ratio.
Blew me out of the water!

There's a whole lot of new software coming into use because of
B2B and even old software like mod_dav being resurrected for
uses never envisioned a few years ago. Anymore it seems I spend
3 hours research for every hour of production.....

keith