[thelist] information architecture & visio

kevin d. white nonzero at well.com
Fri Jul 13 12:22:40 CDT 2001

>Any info architects on the list?
>
>I'm looking for some thoughts on ways to present information
architecture to
>clients in an attractive and easily-understood manner.

For presentation I actually try to use two sets of posterboard.
 The first is a master with all the elements secured on.  The
second is for exploration with the elements just taped on.  The
advantage of the dual presentation is we can explore without
losing the original.  We can move around the elements on the
second and still compare it to the master.

But I always keep a master reference in Visio as well.  Where
I start depends on size and complexity.  Visio is great but is
always limited by the size and resolution of your monitor.  Prototyping
should be fast and cheap. This is where the posterboard and paper
cut outs really shine. Printing stuff out every five minutes
just remain grounded is wasteful and slow.
{
 kevin d. white
 nonzero at well.com
 801.943.0931