[thelist] information architecture & visio

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Fri Jul 13 13:08:59 CDT 2001

I'm scared ta tell ya.

I think the one I tried about a year ago was called MindMapper. No joke.

It's this technique of creating intuitive visual "maps" of thought processes
invented by some guy named 'Tony' a few years back. It's supposed to be a
good way to structure the creative thought process or something. Clearly NOT
intended for IA.
However, it strangely works well for visually laying out just about any plan
you can think of. And managers love it cuz it's easy to follow.

You can spend a very small amount of time outlining a site structure, and
then turn it into a graphical layout of the outline that makes very clear
sense. I know what you're thinking, but I am not above "garage sale-ing"
just about anything. If it *works* and it's on the cheap, I'll take it!

I'm giggling as I paste this link, but check out
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~caveman/Creative/Mindmap/ if you want to know
more about Mind-mapping! (Bwaaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha!)

BH