[thelist] DB error

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 17:14:19 CDT 2001

OK, I've done my little wedding site (http://www.marriagemadeinvegas.co.uk)
with a guest book that I am particularly proud of, but after posting the
link on the chat List Ron noticed that when he tried to add a message to the
guest book it threw an error which he suspected was due to the single quote
he had used in an abbreviation. I tried this for myself and he is correct, I
get the following error

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in
query expression ''that's')'.

/gbook_entry.asp, line 284

 The offending line in question is

set RSUdate = conn.execute ("insert into guests (name, email, message)
values('"&(request.form("from"))&"', '"&(request.form("email"))&"',
'"&(request.form("message"))&"')")

Any of you ASP bods out there know how to fix this?

TIA

Kev
kjs at ratking.co.uk