[thelist] Swish... > Critiques

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Sat Jul 14 17:27:20 CDT 2001

> Is a critique ever bad?

Yes.

> I would think that at least in the professional
> world any and all opinions would be welcome.

I know that in the case of my personal work, I often don't care what your
opinion is. I also think that I would be very disappointed if I sent a link
as an example of something I did that relates to the discussion and got
back: "I hate to say it, but that GIF was the first thing I saw and I
thought it looked really amateurish."

Like -- Ugh.

> Considering the importance of
> marketing in web development, a site needs to sell to the largest audience
> possible. Even if just one person sees room for improvement i want to hear
> about it, whether i ask for it or not :)
> but thats just me

Could be.

- amanda