[thelist] Swish... > Critiques

databarn databarn at airmail.net
Sat Jul 14 20:20:10 CDT 2001

Probably this shouldn't be said, but I'd like to join W(ahoo!, )W(ild)W(illy)'s philosophy session (with apologies, Bill, for taking license with your name <grin!>).

I kinda like the animation, and don't have a problem with both the banner and the 'Enter' symbol, except that, to me, the avatar is walking the wrong way.  (That's a questionable call, though, and should not be given a great deal of merit.)

Well, that's what I though until I clicked it.

That next page is painful <shudder!>!  I literally have trouble reading the text because my eye is constantly drawn to the purple logo in the left column.  Wouldn't be bad if the column were solid, but the constant white-purple-white-purple alternation claims so much visual attention that it takes a conscious effort of will to see the rest of the page.

To my mind, kudos to the intro page, even though I'm not a great fan of such, but perhaps a design rethink for the following?

Note that I'm a little more aware (uptight?) than most seem to be of the problems associated with colour and colour combinations on a web page, so take this with a grain or two of salt.

Make a good day . . .
			 . . . barn
Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.