[thelist] subject switch: websitesthatsuck.com [was Swish... > Critiques]

Daniel E. Boen dan at the-plate.com
Sat Jul 14 21:52:20 CDT 2001

Bill Haenel7/14/01 5:45 PMbill at webmarketingworx.com

> Hey folks. Just thought I'd jump in on this convo about critiques.
>
> None of my business, but you know I'm the www.websitesthatsuck.com poster
> boy.

This might be going off the path a bit but...

websitesthatsuck.com is my alltime most hated website.  I'm not sure what
the general opinion of Vince Flanders is on this list, but I've got a few
choice adjectives for that charlatan.  I remember seeing his original site
in the fall of 1996, and my first response, being not a web designer back
then, was "this guy is the king schmuck-ola."  I always wondered where he
thought his authority came from - the medium was still new at that point,
and here's a guy telling me that black backgrounds are pretentious.  WOW.
Technical floobs and bad code, I understand his gripe, but a page with
scrollbars and frames telling me that animated .gifs (in general) are in
poor taste?  Two words: Baby Boomers.

DB