[thelist] HTML Reference

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 16 09:59:55 CDT 2001

> From: "Raymond Camden" <jedimaster at macromedia.com>
>
> It occured to me this weekend that it's been a while since I've looked
> at a good HTML reference. I've been working on the web for years, but
> have been doing programming for the last five years instead of real
> HTML type work. I'm not interested in getting into design or anything,
> but I'd just like to have a good HTML reference around for when I need
> it. Since I mainly use and develope for IE, I figured I'd head over to
> MSDN and check out Microsoft's HTML Reference.

well, if you're just developing for IE, that's one thing... but since i've
found MS's HTML docs wrong on many occassions (not just by
listing the <marquee> tag, but by including attributes on real tags
that can choke some browsers), that's the last place i look...

and i know you're familiar with the W3C HTML specs...

> And then I got lost.
>
> _Way_ lost.
>
> Does anyone know where in the heck in that jungle called MSDN I could
> find a simple HTML reference?

i think they've moved a lot of their stuff around a while back,
because their HTML stuff seems merged with the DHTML stuff (and
is also scattered among their HTML Help and HTML+TIME stuff as
well)...

either way, the HTML elements reference is at (under the DHTML
section):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/
html/reference/elements.asp