[thelist] weird Netscape glitch

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 16 13:23:37 CDT 2001

> From: ALBIE ATTIAS <ALBIE at eurosimm.com>
[...]
> http://www.eurosimm.com/aboutus_framed.htm
>
> I have to use the 'no repeat' style attribute for the left frame
> background image since it looks hideous otherwise. My question is why
> will Netscape not simply leave the remaining space blank as IE does
> and is there anything I can do to rectify this problem?

not seeing it...

but, sounds like a CSS issue that i've come across a few times...

add a background-color attribute to your CSS... an inline CSS
example from a site of mine:

style="background-color:#ffffff;background-
image:url(../images/sidebar_foot.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;"

it seems without a bgcolor, NN4.x doesn't know what to do with the
spacer after the bg image stops... by specifying it before the
background image, it lays down the color, and then the image, with
no null space to confuse it...