[thelist] Seeking JS Solution for Double Form Submission????

Faust at thinkchurch.com Faust at thinkchurch.com
Mon Jul 16 14:48:00 CDT 2001

Hey,

I haven't found much code that worked for me.  I want to keep
people from double submitting forms.  Right now, I generate a
unique key and check my database before I blindly enter into the
database.  If the key already exists, the information is pulled form
the database and displayed to the user as if it were the first
submission.  My problem is if the database has not completely
updated with information from various sites (Several users just
seem to keep clicking on the form until they see something), the
user only gets the information currently in the database.  :-(  How
can I disable the submit buttons are the first submission?

Thanks

Faust
"The way you choose to do something is as important as what you
choose to do."  -- Chuck Close