[thelist] javascript redirect within frames

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Mon Jul 16 18:46:40 CDT 2001

| I have a page with 2 frames.   The bottom frame calls a
| survey form (the cgi
| script is on a different server).  I need  javascript that
| forces the survey
| page to open in the bottom frame.  The reason that I'm doing
| it this way is
| so that the frameset url stays on my client's site (the top frame is
| hidden).   Is this possible?  On both major browsers?
|
| Cheers,
| Rachel

Whew,

I'm going to stretch a little here since I don't have any formal
understanding of this. (That will also feel good since I am really sore from
a crick in my neck 8)

<later minutes="10"/>
Hmm.

I guess the BIS (butt in seat) method of learning so familiar to many of us
is once again outdone by some simple self-directed hands-on learning. (Yeah!
My answer for my weekly Oh-God-can-it-get-any-worse-because-of-my-ignorance
question of "Why didn't I stay in school?" will be easy to find!)

I tried this to get it to work...

<disclaimer>
Small note: only can I browse the net in IE, since our MS proxy server has
qualms with letting Netscape traffic through. Therefore this is _untested_
in NN (or anything but IE 5.01, for that matter). You can form your own
conclusions.
</disclaimer>

<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="*,100%" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">

  <frame name="topFrame" src="http://www.yoursite.com" >
  <frame name="mainFrame"
src="http://www.codeave.com/javascript/redirect.html">

<!-- the above is a nice js redirect to yahoo
which I found on Google (quickly and easily 8) -->

</frameset>
<noframes>
Err... something else was supposed to happen, but didn't. Your browser
doesn't support frames. That's ok. Here's something just as good...
Be Happy!
8)
Go to: <a href="www.yahoo.com">www.yahoo.com</a>
</noframes>

<rory disposition="in friendship" alt="8)"/>