[thelist] <P> vs. <BR><BR>

Niklaus Haldimann runciter at rosa.com
Wed Jul 18 03:38:31 CDT 2001

Hi list

Jakob Dölling wrote:
> - Lynx is AFAIK the only browser which will render the non-conform use of
> <.BR><.BR> as two line breaks (This behaviour is alterable in its config
> file
> - Generally, mutliple directly following line breaks are interpreted as one
> line break (-> TeX; Netscape shows the same behaviour)

In the old days (like, 3 years ago) I was taught to use <br>&nbsp;<br>
exactly for this reason. I still use that if I ever need to have 2 <br>s
after one another. ;-) But I think since NN 4.x and IE 5 took over it's
no more necessary. I don't have no other NN 4.x version than NC 4.76/PC
at hand right now, but this version does cope with <br><br>.

N.

--
Niklaus Haldimann, Frontend Engineer
At Work: http://www.rosa.com