[thelist] <P> vs. <BR><BR>

Niklaus Haldimann runciter at rosa.com
Wed Jul 18 08:16:47 CDT 2001

Jakob Dölling wrote:
> Upsa. Did thou mean <.P>&.nbsp;<./P>?
> Well, I haven't tried <.BR>&.nbsp;<BR> yet, but I know <P>&nbsp;</P> is
> very effective if a whitespace is required. Just my €ur 0.02 ;-)

No, I meant <br>&nbsp;<br>. ;-) This will give you 2 line breaks in all
cases. <p>&nbsp;</p> does 3 line breaks if there's content in the same
box above and below. In IE it will be even a few pixels more, since its
top and bottom margins of paragraphs are a bit lager than the actual
line-height of the text (the correct behaviour IMO).

N.

--
Niklaus Haldimann, Frontend Engineer
At Work: http://www.rosa.com