[thelist] <P> vs. <BR><BR>

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Jul 18 11:00:52 CDT 2001

 >> With the recent move toward web standards (i.e. alistapart's
 >> redesign), which is the best way to separate paragraphs: <P> or <BR><BR>?
 >> I would assume you would use the <P> tag, but is there a place for double
 >> <BR> tags anymore? Was there ever?

The only time I ever used <br /><br /> was when I was doing a long page of
text with a <font> tag at the very beginning of it. <p>'s aren't valid
within <font> tags, so I'd use the <br />'s.

I've moved to style sheets though, so I use <p>'s pretty frequently...

--
Morbus Iff ( .sig on other machine. )
http://www.disobey.com/ && http://www.gamegrene.com/