[thelist] Internet Explorer SDKs (was Gradient CSS and IE 4+)

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Jul 18 12:56:26 CDT 2001

Leve,

> James. I did a search for SDK on my c drive and
> couldn't find the internet SDK that you mentioned, nor
> did I find it under Internet Explorer/. Could you
> elaborate which directory it resides?

    Well, by default it doesn't reside anywhere. In the old days, you could
download it from Microsoft's web site (no more), and Microsoft used to
occasionally distribute Web Workshop snapshot CDs. Also, you would get it
with the CDs distributed with certain Microsoft Press books ("Inside Dynamic
HTML" was one). Now, the only way to get it that I know of is to find an old
MSDN CD (if you have access to them -- by subscription only) that happens to
include it.
    Maybe this is something we should include in the browser archive? Some
of these SDKs were big (about 100MB), but most were between 5MB and 30MB
(and the web-specific portion -- sans ActiveX controls, etc. -- were much
smaller). I have several of these archived (for IE 3, 4, and 5), and would
be happy to supply them to the archive if they would be of use.

James Aylard