[thelist] Base href on Netscape

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 18 19:03:47 CDT 2001

johnny,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Johnny Lam
:
: I'm using NS 4.73 and when I view the source
: of my website it would add a "base href" of
: the domain name on the top of the page. If
: you go to any site it also does this automatically.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i don't think it does it automatically for *every* page you view in it.  I
think it only occurs on those pages with javascript that's writing to the
page.  do you see a funky url in the title bar of the view source window
that starts off with "wysiwyg"?

i wouldn't worry too much about the base href tag it's putting in.  as soon
as it encounters another it will ignore the first and use the next one it
encounters.

good luck,

.jeff

http://evolt.org/